OpenVault is seeking a new member for its Product Management team based at the Jersey City, NJ, USA headquarters located directly across the Hudson River from New York City. The individual selected will directly shape the portfolio and product life cycle of OpenVault’s broadband solutions by working closely with customers, prospects, and internal teams to develop business plans for solutions, define requirements, productize solutions, position the solutions in the global marketplace and ensure solution alignment with OpenVault’s strategic vision and objectives.
The Senior Product Manager will define and implement roadmaps for the solution portfolio based on market and customer needs, technology trends, business opportunities, and overall company strategy with the focus on revenue and profitability growth, customer satisfaction, and innovation.
To be successful in this role, the Senior Product Manager will need to fuse their in-depth understanding of OpenVault’s broadband portfolio which encompasses network optimization and revenue generation solutions with comprehensive knowledge of the technologies and standards associated with the target cable/DOCSIS, fiber/xPON, and mobile broadband networks.
Location can be Jersey City, New Jersey, USA and/or remotely
Essential duties and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Agile management of solution life cycle from concept to end of life, including solution strategy, user stories, backlog, roadmaps and go-to-market strategy based on understanding of market trends and customer needs.
- Contribute to company growth and profitability goals by aligning solution roadmaps with company objectives and strategies.
- Interface with customers and account teams to continuously gather, define and prioritize solution and roadmap requirements.
- Develop competitive intelligence to analyze competitive offers and uniquely position OpenVault with key areas of differentiation.
- Study relevant technologies, industries, market segments, regions, regulations, etc to understand trends, perform feasibility analysis, and recommend opportunities for new features, solutions, or partnerships.
- Develop business plans to justify new solution or feature investments with focus on target customers, market segmentation, TAM, development/support costs, pricing, margin, revenue forecast, lifetime ROI, and time to market.
- Generate product requirement documents, roadmaps, and release plans.
- Contribute to the development and review of functional specifications for solutions.
- Collaborate with development, operations, marketing, and sales teams throughout all stages of development, solution launches, and commercial operation by being the go-to solution subject matter expert.
- Assists operational teams in understanding the solutions and features that are being deployed and help train those teams to support the solutions.
- Work with cross-functional teams to launch new solutions, features and enhancements on time and within budget.
- Ensure effective communication and information sharing across all teams involved with the solution life cycle.
- Contribute to the development of marketing strategies including positioning, promotion, and communications to drive sales/financial results and thought leadership.
- Create sales tools including but not limited to sales playbooks, solution datasheets, customer presentations, case studies, white papers, demos, website content, etc.
- Meet with OpenVault customers and prospects onsite or at events, conferences, or tradeshows to provide demos and discuss solutions, roadmaps, and new opportunities.
- Collaborate in RFI/RFP responses.
- Analyze solution performance and trends and provide monthly KPIs to ensure performance meets customer growth and financial objectives.
- Drive results and growth.
- Be an enthusiastic advocate of OpenVault and its solutions.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment requiring broad experience, adaptability, quick learning, individual contribution, and strong business sense.
- 7+ years related product management experience in the telecom sector with proven track-record of successfully launching new products/solutions and supporting winning relationships with operators.
- Extensive knowledge of cable/DOCSIS, fiber/xPON, mobile, WiFi/mesh network technologies, network elements including ACS, CMTS, OLT, GGSN, PCRF, BNG, modem/ONT/gateway, and associated standards/protocols, such as DOCSIS, IPDR, SNMP, PCMM, NetFlow and TR-069.
- Proven experience with cable/DOCSIS, fiber/xPON, mobile and WiFi technologies is a very strong plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Jira or Sprints.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desire for success and a positive/constructive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field.
Office environment or remotely.
Willing to travel up to 10-20%
|Job Category||Product Manager|