OpenVault is seeking a new member for its Engineering team based at the Hoboken, NJ, USA headquarters located directly across the Hudson River from New York City. The individual selected will directly shape the portfolio and product life cycle of OpenVault’s broadband solutions by working to enhance the orchestration of new and existing software solutions and associated processes. The individual will work closely with existing engineering, operations and management members to ensure solution alignment with OpenVault’s strategic vision and objectives.
The QA Engineer will work to optimize existing and develop new processes and tools to enhance automated testing, versioning and development processes in alignment with existing product solutions, customer need and future product roadmaps.
To be successful in this role, the QA Engineer will need to fuse their in-depth understanding of CI, automated testing and engineering disciplines with OpenVault’s broadband portfolio which encompasses network optimization, revenue generation, and customer engagement solutions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist in the development of new solutions to help OpenVault lead the industry and handle growing customer broadband data usage
- Implement industry standard versioning, automation and testing solutions
- Conduct industry research on new technology and solutions
- Test solutions in controlled but realistic scenarios before releasing to production
- Monitor daily operational processes and take corrective action as necessary
- Assist with implementations
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer reported issues
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in Software QA, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as: Jenkins, TravisCI, AWS CodePipeline, GitLab CI, Bamboo etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GitHub and SVN
- Demonstrated knowledge of scripting technologies, such as: Go, Ruby, Bash
- Experience developing requirements documents
- Experience developing automated test cases
- Linux/Unix knowledge with command line and scripting
- Proficiency in MySQL DB and Query Language a plus
- Self-disciplined with the ability to learn and manage work with minimal supervision or direction
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with close attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; able to handle shifting priorities
- Knowledge with OpenVault products and tools
- Industry Knowledge of DOCSIS, IPDR and CMTS technology a plus
- Understanding of cloud services such as AWS a plus
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
|Job Category||Engineer, QA Engineer|