Unlock the Power of network visibility with a broadband traffic management programIn today’s post-pandemic world with increasing work-from-home and hybrid learning environments, multiple subscribers, with multiple devices, in any given household place unprecedented demands on broadband networks. Among the impacts to broadband providers has been the spike and continuance of high network utilization levels. While downstream usage has reached historic levels, the increase in upstream demands is even more markedly pronounced. Within this increase, we’ve found that a higher density of heavy upstream usage occurred among top users during peak times.
As a result, broadband providers risk:
• Service disruptions
• Subscribers’ upstream speeds not meeting their expectations and needs for remote work conferencing
• Higher volumes of interaction with customer care
• Increased number of unnecessary truck rolls as field techs visit subscriber homes
• Unexpected and mistargeted financial investment in adding extra capacity through re-engineering the infrastructure
A broadband traffic management program ensures that all broadband subscribers connected to the same local exchange have an equal share of bandwidth. This arrangement provides a unique end-to-end quality of service differentiation with content adaptation, caching and distributed delivery. Broadband traffic management programs ensure that broadband providers have the visibility to adjust the download or upload speeds accordingly for certain tasks at peak times, to make sure that everyone using the network has a stable connection and subscriber satisfaction is optimized.
OpenVault’s broadband traffic management programOpenVault offers a suite of solutions that addresses the exponentially increasing issues arising from congestion on DOCSIS 3.1 networks. Now broadband providers can apply leading edge (patent pending technologies), scalable, and cloud-based solutions – customized to match exact network topology – to help avoid:
• Service disruptions • Subscribers’ upstream speeds not meeting their expectations and needs for remote work conferencing • Higher volumes of interaction with customer care • Increased number of unnecessary truck rolls • Unexpected and mistargeted financial investment in adding extra capacity through re-engineering infrastructure
Learn more about OpenVault’s broadband traffic management program, including its Traffic Analyzer, Congestion Manager and Capacity Booster that work together to improve real-time visibility into client and server network traffic to gain better insight into how networks are being shaped by usage.