OpenVault LLC is looking for a hands-on Java/Software Engineer, preferably with experience in the telecommunications, cable/broadband management, network system and analytics space, to enhance its software analytics infrastructure supporting its growing customer base and expanding partner ecosystem. The office is based in New Jersey but the position can be partially remote and reports into the VP of Operations & Engineering who oversees all technical infrastructure for the company.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, smart and highly skilled individual, who can create, design and develop software solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces leveraging the latest technologies both on-premise and in the cloud. We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on coder who thrives in a fast paced environment. The engineer not only understands coding and hacking but also has a strong sense of architecture, deployment and operational skill.
- Help elevate OpenVault’s product suite by supporting and implementing industry specification and transforming existing software framework to a highly scalable, flexible, and performant platform using latest Java and appropriate MySQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Design, lead and build the software implementation of consumable, cloud-enabled APIs to exchange data with AWS, Google Big Query and other ecosystem partners.
- Agile development to rapidly iterate on product and platform features by quickly understanding requirements and producing good quality code.
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution.
- Provide technical input into build/buy/partner decisions for all components of the data and software infrastructure.
- Help enhance and modernize a platform for precision marketing decision engine based on predictive analytics/machine learning.
- Collaborate with marketing, technical and analytics teams and contribute to road map that extends existing products, systems and processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of technology including web-enabled, n-tier architectures based on Unix and Linux, Java, MySql and NoSQL
- Proficient with PHP, Python, Perl, SQL. Experience Java, Node.js and modern frameworks
- Sound working knowledge on System Administration, Web/App Administration, Scripting, DB concepts, Network and Security
- Experience in big data Cloud based managed services for data warehousing/analytics – e.g. Google Big Query
- Working experience of DevOps tools (GITHUB, JIRA, Zoho, Agile)
- Involvement with streaming analytics and complex event processing
- Analytical thinker with an ability to evaluate multiple products/technologies to address various aspects of a data platform.
- Able to perform well under pressure, handle shifting priorities and manage multiple projects going on at the same time.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.