OpenVault LLC is looking for a hands-on Data and Software Engineer, preferably with experience in the broadband management, network system and analytics space, to enhance its data and analytics infrastructure to support its growing customer base and expanding partner ecosystem. The office is based in the New Jersey area but the position can be remote and reports into the Director of Operations who oversees all technical infrastructure for the company.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, smart and highly skilled individual, who can design and develop both data and software applications, leveraging latest technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Node.js both on-premise and in the cloud. If you have experience designing and building data and software applications, especially around data collection in the network management area, and excited about leveraging your experience to catapult a profitable business analytics company into hyper-growth through a new business line, this job is for you.
- Help transform existing data and analytic infrastructure to a highly scalable, flexible, and performant big data platform using appropriate MySQL and NewSQL technologies.
- Design, model, and build a secure analytics database with privacy controls.
- Help enhance and modernize platform for precision marketing decision engine based on predictive analytics/machine learning.
- Design and lead the implementation of consumable, cloud-enabled APIs to exchange data with AWS/Google Big Query ecosystem partners.
- Provide technical input into build/buy/partner decisions for all components of the data and software infrastructure.
- Collaborate with technical and analytics teams and contribute to road map that extends existing systems and processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in the data and software development field with increasing responsibility.
- Solid understanding of technology including web-enabled n-tier architectures based on Unix and Linux, Java, MySql
- Sound working knowledge on System Administration, Web/App Administration, Scripting (see below), DB concepts, Network and Security
- Proficient with PHP, Python, Perl, SQL. Experience with Hadoop, Java, Node.js and modern frameworks
- Experience in leveraging off-the-shelf open source or commercial tools.
- Experience in using Cloud based managed services for data warehousing/analytics – e.g. Google Big Query is a big plus.
- Working experience of DevOps tools (GITHUB, JIRA, Slack, Zoho)
- Analytical thinker with an ability to evaluate multiple products/technologies to address various aspects of a data platform.
- Strong communication, teaming and project management skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, handle shifting priorities and manage multiple projects going on at the same time.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, preferably with focus on Data.
|Job Category||Data and Software Engineer|